GENETICS AND METABOLIC DISEASES
The Department of Genetics at Hadassah Ein Kerem offers comprehensive service in the field of genetics and hereditary diseases. The department provides reliable genetic diagnosis, genetic counseling for genetic disorders and treatment and diagnosis of patients suffering from metabolic diseases.
- Diagnosis and counseling for hereditary diseases in children and adults
- Counseling for families and individuals prior to marriage
- Counseling and tests for familial cancer (breast cancer etc.)
- Carrier detection tests for common hereditary disease in the general population or in specific ethnic groups
- Prenatal diagnosis: Amniocenthesis, Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) and fetal blood sampling
- Blood tests for pregnant women for detecting pregnancies with high risk for Down Syndrome etc. in the first trimester (Nuchal Translucency and indicators in the mother’s blood) and second trimester (Alpha-Feto-Protein and other indicators in the mother’s blood)